Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Healthy Banana Bread… Say What???!

I don't know about you guys but one of my favorite treats is Banana bread! There is nothing better than a warm piece of banana bread. I remember when I was little my mom would always be baking fresh bread and my one request was this stuff!
Since I have been trying to stay on track with my workouts and eating healthy I decided to try to track down a healthier version of banana bread. Most that I tried just did not even come close to tasting the same and disappointed me. UNTIL… I came across this recipe that I have saved and plan on using from now on!
THIS healthy banana bread is so moist, so delicious, so easy to make and husband approved ;)
There is no butter or oil. And no sugars added! So what makes it taste so good? The bananas ;) , applesauce and honey!! These three ingredients give it the perfect amount of sweetness and keep it moist!

So… the moment you have been waiting for… the recipe!!!

The recipe as I said earlier is so simple! You probably have everything sitting in your fridge, cupboard and pantry right now!

This will make 2 8-inch loaves or 1 10-inch loaf







2 large eggs 
1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup, sugar, or other sweetener) I stuck with honey
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce 
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup oat flour (or any other type of flour; gluten-free, all-purpose, or whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I added a little more because I love cinnamon. But you can add more or less)
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (this ends up being about 3 bananas depending on the size of your bananas) 
Optional mix-ins (chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts) 





Mix together the eggs, honey, applesauce, and vanilla.

In a separate bow mix together the flour, salt, soda, powder, and cinnamon and add to the wet ingredients.
Mash up your bananas and stir them into the mixture mix well



Everyones in the bowl! YAY :) Add in your dried fruit, chocolate chips and nuts here if you want.


Divide even in the pans. I made one with dark chocolate chips! I just poured the regular better in one dish and then added the chocolate chips in after for the other :) 

bake about 45 minutes for two loaves or an hour for one (you can check with a  toothpick and make sure it comes out clean)


Look at how beautiful that is :) :) :) 


You guys will not be disappointed trying this recipe out! Give a try and let me know what you think! 







*If you want more information about this recipe visit this website: http://www.yammiesglutenfreedom.com/2013/02/secretly-healthy-banana-bread-with.html?m=1








No comments:

Post a Comment