Friday, February 14, 2014

DIY Pallet Wine Rack

I am all about DIY projects. It has become an addiction of mine since Pinterest!!! Who is with me ladies? You can't help but spend a good portion of your day pinning and planning your next project.. right?

It's a good thing my husband is always just as eager to start another project around the house.


So once day while browsing on Pinterest I came across an AMAZING photo of this Wine Rack:


I just knew immediately that I wanted to make something like this and right away I knew the exact spot I wanted it in. So I showed my husband and the next day set to work on it! Im sad now because I did not take as many pictures as I should have! I would love to give you all a step by step on how this was built. But honestly it was just tearing an old pallet apart and finding a way to piece it together. We did it all by looking at that picture above! We have plans to make a few more, so the next one we make I will be doing a step by step tutorial!

After piecing it all together... the sanding process began...We did not sand it all the way down because we still wanted to leave it looking "rough"


To match the decor and style in our house we decided to stain it dark. The color we chose was in Dark Mahogany.
Now comes the fun part.. hanging it up and putting the finishing touches on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment